Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recipes for Life on the River, 2011

-->

Family and ancestry keep popping up in my work in sometimes surprising circumstances.  A digital print book of fragmented images morphed into a story about my brother and a large print “can you drink this blood of your blind regrets?” uncannily foreshadowed my sister’s aneurism.  Some Super 8 footage surfaced from my mother’s closest friend after her death last year at 96.  I’ve used archival footage before in my work and was immediately drawn to work with this more personal imagery.








Life has its way of pulling you into the flow whether you are conscious of it, or not.  It is no accident that Emily LeBlanc approached me with her grandmother’s recipes and what resulted was our multi-faceted collaboration, Recipes for Life on the River.  So far we have explored elements of performance and have created an artist book but this project is still flowing.                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment